Sunday, March 8, 2009

Designing with Words

Today’s inspiration is this library book. I thought by the title this would be a quote book for scrapbooking but was I pleasantly surprised that it wasn’t. This book is a combined effort of eight, very talented artists and fifth in a series published by www.autumnleaves.com .

scan0001

I’ve been enjoying tags lately. They’re small enough to finish quickly and I like their versatility. Put them in a journal, use as a bookmark, hang ‘em on a bulletin board…

scan0013

With this as my inspiration, I created these from old family photos…

IMG_0059

I found some glass ice cubes that I bought last year and experimented with cut words and liquid laminate. Cute, huh?

IMG_0061

I really love this idea from the book! The background is from a scrabble game and I know I have two scrabble game backgrounds that I peeled off the card board backing.

scan0008

This book is packed with original, inspiring projects! You want to start creating immediately and the best part…no scrapbook required!

Why is it that I always run out of weekend before I finish all the projects I want to get done?? Hope you all had a wonderful weekend! It’s back to “real” work tomorrow…

No comments:

Post a Comment