Saturday, February 28, 2009

It’s Official – It’s Spring!

Spring officially arrived at 9 am as today was the FIRST rummage sale of the year! We arrived 10 minutes early to find a line of people at least 50 deep! I guess everyone was suffering from a little cabin fever. Still, I found me a little rummage lovin’…

IMG_0043

And a few more goodies at .10 cents apiece…

IMG_0044

Yes, they are cross-stitched and the white Aida cloth is in pristine condition. I hope the person who labored for hours on these knows they are now in a good home to be loved and cherished again! Unfortunately, they did not sign nor date their handiwork, what a shame.

After the school sale, we decided to keep going and check out all our favorite thrift stores, so the loot piled up today…

IMG_0042

And my favorite…IMG_0045

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

A tin plate with the original .89 cent price still attached. Needless to say, I didn’t get to pay the same for it.. but it was for a good cause. I scored this and two vintage embroidered hankies with the linen tags still attached at Animal Friends thrift store.

What a happy spring Saturday! And spring doesn’t officially start ‘til March 20th…

No comments:

Post a Comment