Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Library Night

It’s Tuesday Night and finally some of my holds are starting to arrive, so you won’t be disappointed this week.

IMG_0517

 IMG_0518

I was not able to scan any of last week’s book “Sewing Green” by Betz White. But what a great book! Her projects were definitely inspiring! How about recycled juice packaging made into a car sunshade?!?! I’ve seen purses and totes from Capri Sun and Kool-Aid packaging but she took the idea even further. Her projects were really cute! These one week book returns are killers. I barely make it from cover to cover before it’s due. Unfortunately I had to return Simple Country Wisdom before I finished it.

And off to my favorite junk store…

IMG_0519

An honest-to-goodness Ouija board! I haven’t seen one of these since I was a teenager! Wordsearch & Dammen Hout were all wood game pieces so those will be recycled into mixed media projects. And brand new Rachel Ashwell’s Simply Shabby Chic window panels. I just finished painting my bedroom that gray-green color of those leaves too!!

 IMG_0521

Hope you had a simply chic Tuesday!

3 comments:

  1. Wow, there are so many things out there I sometimes feel overwhelmed. But I will just enjoy and keep on doing what feels fun not trying to set a record. Thanks for sharing.
    QMM

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh i got this Shower curtain last year and I've used it for a while for a curtain and now I use it as a table cover over my sewing table because my art room is shabby chic. You could even use it as a table cloth.
    Thanks so much for coming by my blog to enter my giveaway! I hope you get to see how delicious these tags smell:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that window panel...That print is one of my favorites...It will look pretty in your room..Those books look so interesting..You got alot of good reading... How fun you found those games...
    Stephenie

    ReplyDelete